2 celery rib, chopped
2 small onion, chopped
10 slices white bread, toasted and buttered
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 (8-ounce) can oysters
- Cube the buttered toast and place in a large bowl.
- Dice celery and onion in ½-inch pieces. Add to bowl.
- Sprinkle sage, pepper, and parsley over toast and veggies. Stir well to combine.
- Drain oysters but keep the liquid. Cut oysters into large bite-sized pieces.
- Add oyster liquid to the bread mixture and stir. Fold oysters gently into the mixture.
- Bake in a dish of a size to accommodate this mixture at 325°F until browned lightly around the edges and the onion and celery are tender. If it browns too quickly, cover with foil to trap steam and the vegetables with cook.