The Izard County Sheriff’s Department is still accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. Applications can be picked up at the Izard County Sheriff’s Office at 300 Circle Drive Melbourne, Arkansas.
- Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position of Deputy Sheriff:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Applicant must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license at the time of hire.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions or misdemeanor domestic violence convictions.
- Applicant must be of good moral character.
- A background investigation will be conducted.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant will be required to pass a written police officer selection test and a physical agility test.
- Applicant must undergo a psychological test as well as a medical examination.
- Applicant will be interviewed by selection board after meeting above requirements and passing tests.
- Applicant must live within or move to within a 30-minute drive time of the Sheriff’s Office located in Melbourne, Arkansas.
Starting base pay for a certified officer is $33,771, which includes 11 paid holidays.
Other benefits include paid vacations, paid sick leave, paid health insurance, retirement through Arkansas Public Employee Retirement System.
Izard County is an equal opportunity employer. The county does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status or other legally protected status.