- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (1-pound) loaf sourdough bread or raisin bread, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup for serving
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Whisk together maple syrup, molasses and spices.
- Add bread in bowl and toss to coat.
- The bread will absorb some but not all the liquid.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- To serve, slice and dust with powdered sugar and additional maple syrup.
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on sour dough bread and not including powdered sugar or maple syrup for serving):
390 calories, 12 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 115 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 12 g protein
Approximate Nutrient Analysis per serving (based on raisin bread and not including powdered sugar or maple syrup for serving):
400 calories, 13 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 115 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g sugar, 11 g protein